Environmental and Sustainability Policy
‘We care as a company and as a team, we take extra measures to minimise our footprint on the world around us. We truly care.’
As a Company, The Lincoln Tea and Coffee Company, are committed to sustainable development (meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs) as a guiding principle within our work.
Concern for the environment is an integral and fundamental part of this commitment. Our aim is to reduce the impact on the environment from our operations.
We will assess the environmental impacts of our operations and set objectives and targets in order to improve our environmental performance.
These targets will be reviewed regularly.
- Promote responsibility for the environment within the organisation and communicate and implement this policy at all levels within the workforce
- Reduce the use of energy, water and other resources wherever possible
- Minimise waste by reduction, re-use and recycling methods
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation/regulation
- Ensure that our policies and services are developed in a way that is complimentary to this policy
- Source products sustainably from likeminded suppliers, working with local businesses wherever possible
- Supply ethically certified products within our range and covert all tea bags to compostable versions
- Identify and provide appropriate training, advice and information for staff and encourage them to
develop new ideas and initiatives
- Provide appropriate resources to meet the commitments of this policy
- Promoting and update this environmental policy and action plan
- Encouraging staff to make suggestions and discuss as a group
- Where appropriate, increasing recycling options
- Using environmentally friendly products in kitchen areas and for cleaning production areas where
- Install and recommend machines which are better for the environment where possible
- Increase the use of recyclable packaging
- Encourage the use of the water cooler rather than running the tap for cold drinking water
- Strive for a paperless office and encourage the use of digital medias to help us to achieve this
- Encourage more virtual meetings where possible
- Have electric and fuel-efficient company vehicles where appropriate, managing deliveries to minimise mileage
Environmental and Sustainability Policy Version 2 – 17 March 2022
The Lincoln Tea and Coffee Company, 6 Exchange Close, Exchange Road, Lincoln LN6 3TR