We are proud to bring you these amazing scones by the talented Daisy and amazing dad Dan Wallis. Lincolnshire award-winning chef Dan is co-owner and chef of The Cross Keys, Stow.
Daisy Likes to Cook “Scones”
700g Self raising flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
6 tablespoons caster sugar
350ml warm milk
Handful of dried fruit (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and butter to resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add eggs and dried fruit and gradually pour in the milk to form a dough.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface to approx. 2 inches thick and cut your scones out using a pastry cutter.
- Place scones on a lined baking tray and bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Enjoy with butter and jam (and cream to if you would like to) and Lincolnshire Tea.
You can also watch the fabulous demonstration on Youtube by following this link below….